The Spanish Society of Medicine and Cosmetic Surgery has developed a decalogue with very practical advice to prevent them. Do you dare to follow them?
It is, possibly, one of the aesthetic problems that most concern women (even, now, men too, although they often refuse to recognize it), and also one of the reasons why they come more frequently to women. aesthetic medicine clinics. But, believe it or not, wrinkles are the visible consequence of the way you have treated your skin over time. If you want to prevent them and enjoy smoother and younger skin, take note of the advice offered by the Spanish Society of Medicine and Cosmetic Surgery; They are valid for any age, whether you are at maturity or still enjoy young skin:
- Protects your skin from ultraviolet (UV) radiation, because it is harmful to the skin. Too much sun will accelerate the process of skin aging and the appearance of wrinkles, one of its main stigmas. Sunscreen creams are recommended for optimal face protection. And if appropriate, wear sunglasses, a brimmed hat or a visor, and clothing that protects you from the sun.
- Avoid artificial ‘solariums’. If you want a golden skin tone, try cosmetic bronzers or self-tanning creams. You avoid risks and the results are spectacular.
- If you smoke, definitely quit tobacco. This harmful habit not only affects your heart and lungs but the toxins in cigarette smoke also cause skin damage. Various studies have shown that smokers’ skin wrinkles before and that they are more prone to skin cancer.
- Avoid rapid weight changes. Although fast diets are all the rage, people who have drastic changes in weight (with the “yo-yo” effect) are also shrinking and stretching their skin. As we age our skin loses its elasticity, and cannot recover its tonicity and vitality after each new change.
- Drink water: at least two liters every day, especially outside of meals. It is vital to keep the body and, naturally, the skin hydrated. In addition, drinking a lot ensures the proper elimination of undesirable toxins. Without enough water, your skin will become dehydrated, with an effect very similar to that of a grape when it becomes a raisin because it lacks its liquid base.
- Eat well: a rich, varied and balanced diet is good for the whole organism. Basically carbohydrates in the morning and at noon (they are the source of the energy you need to function); and proteins at night (to rebuild cells and organs, including the skin, which wears during the day).
- Use corrective lenses, if you need them; when necessary do not forget the sunglasses. You will avoid certain compensatory or protective facial expressions, especially particulars, that cause wrinkles. The skin around the eyes is extremely thin and fragile, and it is here precisely where the first facial wrinkles usually appear as a result of repetitive muscle contractions. In addition, sunglasses protect the periocular regions from ultraviolet radiation.
- He sleeps on his back; If it is not your usual position, at least try to discreetly incorporate the mattress. Possibly, you had not thought about it, but people who sleep on their side usually wake up with lines and marks on their skin. Over time, due to continued trauma, they can become permanent.
- Avoid stressing. Surely, this advice may be the most difficult to respect, but it is a well-known fact that stress causes a large number of skin problems. It is very common for people to frown, clench our jaws and grimace without really noticing. Consciously strive to relax facial muscles.
- Use the appropriate dermo-cosmetics recommended by professionals. Fundamentally the skin needs cleansing, hydration, nutrition, and protection; But don’t neglect the quality and how to use cosmetic products. Read more Best vitamins for skin and hair.