Babies and toddlers are very happy. They bring life to every home with its beautiful and small human forms. But what happens when you play and hug your little child, you stink badly and it does not come from you? This may surprise some, but even the most adorable children may suffer from bad breath. And since they are too young to take preventive measures themselves, it is up to all parents to take the necessary measures to combat breathing difficulties.
As with adults, bad breath can be caused by various factors in young children. This may be due to poor oral hygiene, tartar and cavitation, dehydration or sore throat. Sucking your finger and using lollipops can also contribute to the child’s bad breath. To combat this problem, it is best to follow all or part of these tips to avoid bad breath on your little ones.
- Make sure you clean your child’s teeth and mouth regularly. It’s never too early to teach them to brush their teeth with a soft toothbrush and a child’s toothpaste. Check your child is well and identify areas where you need to brush your teeth thoroughly. If you are a little older, you can use dental floss.
- Limit your child’s sugar intake to reduce the risk of tooth decay. Do not leave a bottle of milk or juice in your mouth while you sleep. The sugar contained in these drinks also helps in the occurrence of decomposition.
- Try to visit the dentist for a regular dental exam. Many people believe that a visit to the dentist does not have to start in childhood. You can encourage them to accompany you by explaining how important it is to brush their teeth and treat them like a new toy or a new sticker.
- Also, be careful with the children’s medications. Some medications contain sugar, which can remain in your teeth and cause tooth decay.
- Prioritize your children’s dental health by consulting their dentist for preventive measures and treatments for tooth decay. You can recommend fluoride applications and tooth masses to prevent halitosis due to tooth decay.
- Many children find tooth brushing a terrible activity. Try to make them alive and motivated, brush their teeth and make it a fun activity. You can ask them to choose a toothbrush with a creative design and a flavored toothpaste that they would like.
- Consult a pediatrician if an underlying health problem causes bad breath. This may be due to sinus,problems or gastroesophageal reflux. Ask the doctor about the treatments.,Many people do not know the oral health of babies, but it is very important.