We are looking for an anti-aging cream for dry skin: we seek to repair the natural barrier, moisturize our skin, retain moisture and provide active ingredients against aging.
Dry skin is understood as that in which sebum production is less than usual.
The sebum is formed by water and lipids (fats), and its function is to create a natural barrier to protect the skin (hydrolipidic barrier). As a result of this shortage of lipids (sebum), the skin loses water more easily. And the lack of hydration is one of the main causes of the aging of cells. (It is not the only one also influenced by age, external factors such as pollution, cold or heat, food, tobacco, etc …)Dry skin may age before oily skin.
Dry skin cosmetics
But in cosmetics, if you have dry skin, you’re in luck …
And we say it because you can use any cream on the market, without the inconvenience of oily skin or sensitive skin.
All creams are moisturizing, since the first ingredient is water and is usually at least 90%, so it will be difficult for you to buy cream and not hydrate.
The only thing left to add will be an ingredient that protects from dehydration, that is, that helps us maintain the humidity we have provided (silicones, petroleum derivatives, natural or mineral oils, etc. are used.).
The basic recipe, if we wanted to make it homemade, could be an emulsion of water and oil. That said, our search will have to choose from hundreds of brands and creams. But we are not worth anyone, you know, we will have to mark a series of minimum quality requirements/ingredients.
Minimum ingredients of anti-aging cream for dry skin
The minimum requirements that must guarantee us an anti-aging cream will be:
- Maximum hydration.
- Keep moisture as long as possible, for example by means of essential oils (which will also repair the hydrolipidic barrier).
- Anti-aging active ingredients: antioxidants, collagen precursors, vitamins A and E, amino acids, coenzyme Q10, etc.
Dry skin moisturizer.
After reviewing many creams I recommend this intensive moisturizer.
Among its star ingredients we find:
- Olive oil. It will help repair our lipid barrier. It will protect the skin from external agents and retain moisture. But it also contains among other Vitamins, E, polyphenols, and sterols, all of the powerful antioxidants.
- Shea Butter. It contains fatty acids that prevent moisture loss and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier. It also has regenerative properties on our skin.
- Germ oil wheat. It contains several vitamins, including vitamin E and provitamin A . and fatty acids.
- Oilseed grape. It contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
All these oils will also provide nutrients to our skin: amino acids, proteins, minerals, and carbohydrates.
Apart from vegetable oils, in the cream we find 3 vitamins:
- Vitamin A – (Retinol). This vitamin is easy to absorb through the skin and reach deeper layers. And its basic function is to promote the production of collagen naturally in the skin.
- Tocopherol, ie Vitamin E antioxidant.
- And provitamin B5 (panthenol), which is related to the regeneration of healing cells.
It also contains Hyaluronic Acid, as you know, this compound retains water in significant amounts, up to thousands of times its weight. It will help fill wrinkles and retain moisture in the cells.
All these ingredients will need some solvent and preservatives so that the cream does not spoil and bacteria do not grow.
We really like the cream: it moisturizes and nourishes the skin, with antioxidant and regenerative effects, and with vegetable oils !!
Anti-aging day cream for dry skin – Eucerin
For the day we stay this cream of Eucerin Q10 anti-wrinkle, to carry few ingredients, but quality !.
I detail it from highest to lowest concentration
- Coconut oil, moisturizing, and repairing.
- Shea Butter, regenerative.
- Vitamin E, antioxidant
- Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone): antioxidant, repairs the lipid barrier, prevents the degradation of collagen, protects from free radicals and UV radiation. It reduces wrinkles and provides elasticity to the skin.
- Biosaccharides They protect the skin from external agents and prevent water loss.
- Corn oil, with nutrients (vitamins and minerals) for the skin
- Beta – carotene, provitamin A.
Summarizing: Moisturizer, repair the natural barrier, nourish the skin and with a very sought after ingredient in cosmetics: coenzyme Q10.
Anti-aging night cream dry skin
For the night we have chosen two products that complement each other: We will apply a few drops of nutritious oil (6 drops) and then an anti-aging cream from Nívea
Nourishing oil for the night – Caudalie
And we liked this oil very much and we could not leave it out of this article. It is from the Caudalie brand and from the Vinosource range If you have doubts about how to apply the oils, I leave this link to Clara where they teach you all the uses. Caudalie nutritive oil contains 7 vegetable oils and rosemary extract: Coconut oil (triglycerides), Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, Sesame oil, Cymbopogon oil (flower), Sunflower oil, Damascus rose oil Rosemary extract The composition leaves no doubt, it is a natural product, or vegan, as it is now. It will provide hydration and nutrients to our skin. Being an oil and not a cream does not need preservatives or solvents. You can see the price of nutritious oil here.
Nivea Cellular Anti-Aging Night Cream
The cream was made famous by Monica Belluci, in a television spot.
Among its active ingredients we find:
- Shea butter.
- Magnolia Officinalis extract, a flower native to China that stands out for containing polyphenols, known for its antioxidant power.
- Creatine is an amino acid that will help repair our skin.
- And hyaluronic acid, our favorite ingredient.
You have more details of the cream of the cellular Nivea here.
You need more?
You can supplement your creams with collagen capsules with active ingredients: Marine collagen, hyaluronic acid, Coenzyme Q10, and vitamin C … You can go through our favorite wrinkle cream to which we dedicate this special.
Vegetable ingredients, maximum hydration, repairing and protective oils, and active ingredients (coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, retinol, vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants). When we wake up we will have taken several years off, hehe, or so we hope. Enjoy the day!